Saturday, August 31, 2013

Quick Shot Review: Battle Boy

Edition: ARC
Release Date: October 8, 2013
Goodreads: Battling Boy
Courtesy of Goodreads

Overall, this is a fun, quick read, with a very interesting premise.

Goodreads summary: Monsters roam through Arcopolis, swallowing children into the horrors of their shadowy underworld. Only one man is a match for them - the genius vigilante Haggard West.

Unfortunately, Haggard West is dead.

Arcopolis is desperate, but when its salvation comes in the form of a twelve-year-old demigod, nobody is more surprised than Battling Boy himself.

IT'S TIME TO MEET AN ELECTRIFYING NEW HERO.




(If you read that last line and mentally added "Duh-Duh-Duuuuuuh!", we should be friends. No, really.)

I enjoyed the story but the art style didn't really blow my skirt up. Especially Boy's Dad, with the unnecessarily creepy eyes. Overall, I gave it a 4 out of 5 starts on Goodreads. The story and writing are both pretty awesome and, since it's not the author's job to cater to my whims, I can't really fault him because his art style doesn't sync with me. I actually can't wait to read the rest of the series (even the sections with Boy's Dad).

No comments:

Post a Comment